Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Money Money Mooooneeeeyyy!

... Or my lack of it. Ha! I always seem to run out of "funding" at the end of each semester, praying and hoping that they days between now and my next chunk of grant money will be quick and painless. Then the wheel begins to run on what I owe, how much, and when it must be paid. Then I think about how I need to save it for when I graduate and get married and have to move.
Oh the days when I was 5 and didn't worry about all this crap. Those days were awesome.
But come to think of it, its not so bad. I haven't been the smartest kid with money, but I haven't been the stupidest either. I'm lucky in a sense, because when I look back I see that whenever I've been in a financial pinch, God has always had my back. Granted he's made me sweat it out a bit, but I think overall, I am slightly wiser and at a point where I can pull myself out of it with a little help. Another little lesson in grace and God's ability to work on me through it.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12:19

I hope all is well with you, and for a joyful and peaceful rest of your week!

XOXO,
Alaina

1 comment:

Liisa Noel said...

hey i just wrote a blog on money too... oh the joy or NOT! ;)