Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, May 22, 2010

He must have liked it 'cause he put a ring on it!


Our FAVORITE picture!

Holy crap. I woke up this morning, with a ring on "the" finger, and all I could say was "Holy CRAP!"

As a girl (and a VERY girly girl at that), I dreamt about this moment and my wedding more times than I could count. Seriously. Every 6 months my future bridesmaids list would lose or gain a friend, my colors have (at one time) been the entire rainbow, and my dresses went from short to long, fat to sleek, ivory or white, cap-sleeved to spaghetti strap to sleeveless, beaded to plain, and back again.

I never thought about what I really expected the engagement to be like though, and I don't think I can explain that feeling I had inside when it finally happened. It was really nothing hugely over done, but it couldn't have been more perfect.

I love being outdoors and seening awesome sights! Since we've been stuck in yucky Moscow, there's not too much of that. When I arrived in Boise on Thursday, I was very vocal about the fact that I did not want to stay cooped up in his house doing homework and such, and that I wanted to go do things (and I was thinking specifically hiking). So last night (Saturday) as we were getting Abbie ready to go back to her mom, he mentioned going up to Table Rock on the east side of Boise. Of course I was nothing more than excited! I had the slightest idea that maybe he was going to propose, but kept talking myself out of it so i wouldn't be disappointed. So we dropped Miss Precious off, hopped in the Jeep, and began driving and he showed me parts of Boise. When we got up there, I was secretly looked for my friend Alissa's (a close Boise native friend from school who wanted to be there when it happened. And I wanted her to be too, to take pics) car to tip me off! When I didn't see her car, I figured this wasn't it, and was totally cool with it.

As we pulled up, there was this huge group of teenagers hanging out. Not ideal to enjoy an incredible view. So, he took me down these little boulders to a trail to leads to under the large plateau. The view was AMAZING! We just stood there with our arms around each other and talked. He asked me "So how does our future look?" Being sarcastic as ever, I said "Well, good from up here!" We then talked about how it would be for me to live in Boise away from my family, and if I was ready to be a stepmom. As I told him how much I love Abbie and already view her as my stepdaughter, he pulled away from me, turned to face me, and got down on one knee!

Tears instantly flooded and my face turned red and I couldn't say anything! Well... Besides YES! He was so nervous that when we went to put the ring on my finger, he grabbed for the wrong hand! So cute, and he made me laugh. :) I was so shaky, I couldn't hold my phone to take a picture, couldn't answer my sister's phone call, and kept hanging up on her!

I am so blessed. I love this man with every thing I am, and cannot wait to be his wife!



Tear-and-mascara soaked face, and a perma-smile!


My 3-stone 2.3 CARAT diamond ring!



No comments: